SEARCH
 

NepalExpress Home

Parsa Wildlife Reserve is located at
central zone of Nepal, occupying parts of Chitwan, Makwanpur, Parsa and Bara districts.
Parsa Wildlife Reserve

Parsa Wildlife Reserve is located at the central zone of Nepal, occupying parts of Chitwan, Makwanpur, Parsa and Bara districts. The reserve was established in 1984 AD. covering an area of four hundred and ninety-nine square kilometers (499 sq. km.)

When To Visit?
The reserve has a subtropical and tropical monsoon climate with high humidity. To visit the reserve it is best in winter (October-December) and summer (January-mid April). In the summer season the temperature ranges 30C-40C.

SPONSORED LINKS REMAINING PART OF PAGE CONTINUES BELOW ADS

What To See?

Vegetation
Due to the sub-tropical and tropical climates the reserve consists 90% Shorea Robusta and the remaining 10% vegetation like the Chir Pine, Khair, Sisoo, Silk Cotton Sabai Glass, etc. are in vision.

Animals
In the reserve animals like the Wild Elephant, Tiger, Leopard, Blue Bull, Sloth Bear, Sambar Deer, Chital, Barking Deer, Hog Deer, Rhesus, Langur Monkey, Jungle Cat, Civet, Ratel and Hyena are commonly seen.

Birds
The reserve contains birds like the Giant Horn Bill, Peacock to the Red Jungle Fowl, Woodpecker, Flycatcher, etc. The reserve contains different species of reptiles like the King Cobra, Common Cobra, Krait, Rat Snake, Python, etc.

How To Travel?
Travelers can reach the Park's headquarters driving approximately 8 hours from Kathmandu City by the local Bus. By air, fly to Simra from Kathmandu and travel 7km. to reach the park's headquarters.



 
 
Do in Nepal

Elephant Polo
Elephant polo is one of the rare, adventures and only of it's kind in Nepal.
MORE >>

Spots to Visit
Information on
Religious Sites
Due to diversity in Religion, there are many religious sites in Nepal ...
MORE>>
Traveler's Guide
Best Time to Visit
The best seasons to trek in Nepal are Autumn, from early October ...
MORE>>
Spots to Visit | Do in Nepal | Information Center | Traveler's Guide | News | Press Releases
NepalExpress 2006-2013 Privacy Statement | Terms and Conditions